- 8 oz high fiber or low carb pasta
- 3 Chicken Breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli florets
- 6-8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 tbs light butter
- juice of 1 lemon, lemon halves reserved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
Meanwhile, boil salted water in a large pot. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
For the sauce, prepare a saute pan. Over medium heat, melt butter, add the lemon juice, wine, chicken broth, the reserved lemon halves, salt, and pepper. Boil over high heat until reduced in half, about 2 minutes. Discard the lemon halves. Mix together the broccoli, chicken and pasta. Pour the sauce over bowl of pasta and mix well. Serve with a slice of lemon, a sprinkling of fresh parsley and a glass of Perrier sparkling water and you are good to go!