Monday, November 21, 2011

Today in Food...

Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

Tomorrow I have a special event after work with all of my co-workers. I made this yummy treat for everyone to enjoy. This would also be a great addition to any Thanksgiving table. Pumpkin pie with a twist! 
(Courtesy of the one and only...Paula Deen, y'all!) http://www.foodnetwork.com/pumpkin-gingerbread-trifle/video/index.html

Ingredients

  • 2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
  • 1 (5.1-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
  • 1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional

Directions

Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cinnamon into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Yum-o!

I added some crunched up Oreo Cookies and Chocolate Chips

Whole Wheat Gingerbread

Ta-da!

Ooo baby!

Petite treats for me and my babe to enjoy late night

BBQ Chicken Calzone
Our din tonight. It was deeeelish! Quick and easy for a busy Monday evening.

BBQ Sauce, roasted chicken, pepperoni, mozzarella

350* for 30 minutes

Enjoy!

Now...time to relax.

1 comment:

  1. So I finally figured out this whole blogging thing... Lol I'm so excited for you Charlene! The blog is such inspiration to me! I love it! What better person than you to have a blog! You have so much character, passion, and of course fashion to have this blog go far! As a loyal follower/ friend I can't wait to see more and to support you through this blogging journey! Love you!! XOXO

    P.S. you know I love blogs with recipes keep it coming! The Calzone and the dessert looks so Yummy! Lol

    ReplyDelete