Thursday, December 15, 2011

Refresh


As I sit here tonight perplexed by this crazy busy week and thinking of the one that is soon to follow, I find myself excited and thankful for Christmas and the holiday break that is whispering my name. It's getting closer and believe me, I can feel it within every inch of my being. The anticipation and bewilderment of the season has finally taken over. I am ready to refresh, to revive, and to rejuvenate my inner sparkle.

I look forward to spending time with family and friends that I have missed so dearly over the past couple of weeks and months, to Christmas baking and wrapping (oh, the bows and ribbons!!!), lunch dates and chats with mom, dad, aunties, and sister, hot cocoa before bed (when I do not have to set the alarm for the morning), cooking delicious meals for hubby and I with plenty of time to prepare, finishing full loads of laundry without interruption, spoiling the baby (Brooks), celebrating a childhood friend's New Year's Eve wedding, and quite honestly... I just can't wait to breathe. Yes, to breathe. To take a little bit of  time to do some of the things I long for each and every day in my busy day-to-day life.

Christmas you've come just in time.

I am excited, so very hopeful and above all, thankful.
Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment